How to use CBD oil
If you’re reading this article, it’s fairly safe for us to assume you’re thinking of trying CBD. Or maybe you already are using CBD, and just want to see what other methods of taking it are out there.
With the variety of CBD products on the market, it can be difficult to know which is right for you, and what the best method of CBD consumption is to get the maximum benefit. Should you use it sublingually? A tincture? Or maybe take a capsule or softgel? Are topical lotions your best bet?
To help you discover CBD’s full potential, we’ve put together a quick guide outlining the mommy complex™ range.
Tinctures, softgels, capsules and pills
Tinctures and other oral methods of consuming CBD are a popular choice for a reason; they’re simple to use and fairly discreet. Using these methods enables people to consume CBD throughout the day in small, measured doses.
Side note: Tinctures are also super versatile; and can be added to food, beverages or take it directly.
Whichever method you decide to choose, be sure to follow dosing instructions for optimal benefits.
- Dose control
Average onset and duration:
Up to two hours, with benefits lasting for around eight hours in duration.
- DAILY tincture is a zesty, lemon essential oil-infused tincture available in 500 mg or 1000 mg, offering moms the ritual of a daily tincture or just a nice addition to an end-of-day cocktail.
- DAILY softgels provide simply 25 mg of CBD to ensure moms are getting their daily dose.
- RESTORE softgels blend curcumin—the active ingredient in turmeric—and CBD to help relieve the inflammation many moms experience.
- SLEEP softgels combine melatonin and CBD to solve for those sleepless nights 1 in 4 women struggle with.
Cannabinoid receptors are located all over, inside and outside of our bodies, including the skin; because of this, topical application of CBD and cannabis products can bring great results.
Applying CBD in a lotion, gel, salve or balm is the most effective way to spot-treat localized discomfort and inflammation. This has the potential to bring fast relief to specific areas of your body’s joints, skin or muscles—wherever the discomfort may be—without the CBD actually entering your bloodstream.
CBD also has the potential to provide relief and support for more lasting, permanent issues, like ongoing chronic tension headaches and chronic inflammation and pain.
- Target areas where relief is required
- Portable, easy to apply, depending on the location of issue
Onset and duration:
20 to 40 minutes, with an average duration of 2-4 hours
- CALM balm is a moisturizing, relieving balm developed with soothing essential oils and CBD to help moms relax after a good workout, and a long day at work and with the kiddos
- SOOTHE cream is the perfect, non-toxic solution for those sore, achy muscles after a day of exercise (and chasing kiddos)
Working out your preferred method
Like with any natural product, CBD’s effects rely heavily on multiple factors, unique to each user. So, experimentation is really the key to working out your preferred method.
Ensure you do your research, think about your daily life and what will be most convenient for you. Your desired outcome is also a factor. For example, if you only want to spot-treat one small area, a topical solution is probably your best bet.
For more information on finding your dosage, please click here to check out our post on dosages. When in doubt, especially if you’re taking other medications, it’s always a great idea to check in with your health care practitioner to ensure you’re making the best health choices for your individual needs.